Eventually We Must Get Down to Business
Life can't be all fun and games. Services must be discussed. Deals must be made. My rates for wedding, fashion and corporate photography vary depending on the size and scope of the job. Feel free to contact me for details. If you're interested in headshots, dance photography and comp cards, everything is explained below.
- Package 1 - Headshots: $925 (Students - $800)
- Your shoot includes a minimum of 500 digital color images in at least four locations (inside and outside), and several clothing changes. Hair and makeup is an additional charge. I'm a variety junkie, so you can count on a wide range of looks. See the FAQs for information about natural light, weather concerns, and other details of my shooting process.
- You will have access to the images within five business days of the shoot. I will select 300-400 of the best shots and post them online with Reproductions. You will be able to email them to friends and agents, post them on Facebook, and order a hi-resolution DVD from Reproductions for $25. See After Your Shoot for more specifics.
- Package 2 - Comp Card/Headshots
- 3 looks + headshots: $1500 (makeup required: women $300/ men $225)
- 4 looks + headshots: $1650 (makeup required: women $350/ men $275) *most popular package
- 5 looks + headshots: $1800 (makeup required: women $400/ men $325)
- During your headshot session I’ll take additional photographs for a composite card (3-5 looks). This package includes a full headshot session (minimum 500 images) and 3-5 different looks for the back of the comp card. Click here to see everything you ever needed to know about comp cards but were afraid to ask.
- A comp card is used by actors, models, dancers and musicians for commercial print auditions and self-promotion. A comp card is not just for models (see samples). A comp card is an important resource in addition to a headshot. It allows you to introduce yourself to industry professionals in a much more diverse way than with a headshot alone. Please indicate this package when booking a session so I can allow for extra time to shoot.
- If you're more comfortable in your own space, I am available to shoot your comp card in your home and neighborhood. Here are three examples of location shoots (Sample 1 / Sample 2 / Sample 3). Additional rates usually apply. Inquire for specifics.
- Package 3 - Dancer Photographs: $1100
- This package includes a full headshot session (minimum 500 photos), plus body shots and dance shots. Makeup is required (for women $225 and men $150). The dance and body shots will be used to emphasize your strength, flexibility, athleticism and artistry; they are essential for online and print promotion. Click here for examples.
- Favorites Selection: $75 for Package 1 (Headshots)/ $150 for Packages 2 and 3 (Comp Cards and Dance)
- I will select my favorite images from your session and upload them to your own private page on my website. The layout will be very similar to a Facebook gallery. Each image will have a comments section, "like this", "share this", etc. You can email the link to personal and professional contacts, and keep track of their comments. And you can enlarge each image for easy viewing. Click here for a sample gallery.
- Overnight Delivery: $50 for Package 1 (Headshots)/ $100 for Packages 2 and 3 (Comp Cards and Dance)
- For an additional $50 you'll receive your headshots tomorrow. Otherwise, they will be available in 3-5 business days.
Discounts (Only certain discounts can be combined. Inquire for details)
- Students - $800 (Save $125)
This discount applies if you attend high school, college or full time acting school. Those studying Advanced Barista Skills at Joe Coffee may qualify as well, but I will need a personal demonstration.
- Student Group Rate
Two students booking together is $750 each. Five or more students is $700 each. Ten or more is $650 each. This discount applies to headshots only. Comp cards and dancer photographs are additional.
- Ménage à Trois - Save: $100
Bring a friend and I'll take $100 off for each of you. And I'll even throw in a double espresso.
Repeat Offenders - Save: $100
I want to be your photographer for life (it's really not as creepy as it sounds), so I will take $100 off for returning clients. This time, you bring the coffee.
Greensavers - Save: $50
Help reduce our dependence on fossil fuels by converting your home to Green Power with Con Edison. It's quick, easy and inexpensive. By purchasing Green Power, you support the development of more facilities that generate electricity from renewable resources. Bring your electric bill or receipt and I will take $50 off your shoot.
Hair and Make-up
- Headshots- $200 for women / $125 for men (Students - $175 for women / $100 for men) Cash preferred, paid directly to the stylist. I have the two best makeup artists in the business- I say this without hesitation! They have years of experience and are wonderful with subtle, natural light makeup (and fantastic with hair)! Best of all, they stay for the entire session for touch-ups and hair styling. They're extremely fun to be around and will keep you feeling relaxed and beautiful. Plus, they're collaborative partners during the shoot. Whichever artist you work with, you'll be extremely satisfied with the experience.
- A $200 non-refundable deposit is required when booking a session. At least 24 hours advance notice is required for rescheduling. Please send a check to-
Jordan Matter Photography
200 Pinehurst Avenue, #3A
New York, NY 10033
Or you can use your credit card with the link below. The balance is due on the day of the shoot.
- Payment options include cash, personal checks, cashier’s checks and money orders. Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover are accepted for an additional 3% processing fee. Use your existing Pay Pal account for a 5% additional fee (see link below).